images.
from photographer Yvette Cardozo


Mission San Xavier del Bac, an historic Spanish, Catholic mission,...

Available Comp Size: 457 x 700 Download Comp
Caption: Mission San Xavier del Bac, an historic Spanish, Catholic mission, founded in 1692 and located about 10 miles (16 km) south of downtown Tucson, Arizona
Location: MISSION SAN XAVIER DEL BAC
Copyright: © Yvette Cardozo
Photographer Code: ARIZONA_0168A
AGPix ID: AGPix_Cardozo_1452
Digital Original
Comments: Mission San Xavier del Bac is an historic Spanish, Catholic, Franciscan mission, founded in 1692 and located about 10 miles (16 km) south of downtown Tucson, Arizona, on the Tohono O'odham San Xavier Indian Reservation. Outside, San Xavier has an elegant, simple white, Moorish-inspired design, with an ornately decorated entrance. Most of the labor was provided by the local Indians, and many believe they provided most or all of the artisans as well. Visitors entering the massive, carved mesquite-wood doors of San Xavier are often struck by the coolness of the interior, and the dazzling colors of the paintings, carvings, frescoes and statues. The interior is richly decorated with ornaments showing a mixture of New Spain and Native American artistic motifs amd has been dubbed the "Sistine Chapel of North America."

Each catalog image is legally protected by U.S. & International copyright laws and may NOT be used for reproduction in any manner without the explicit authorization of the respective copyright holders.
Yvette Cardozo
14821 255 Ave. SE
Issaquah WA 98027-8332

Phone:
425 391-0770

Fax:
888 726-8992

Email:
ycardozo@cardozohirsch.com

Website:
http://www.cardozohirsch.com

Contact:
Bill Hirsch

» More information about Yvette Cardozo

» Add to Address Book

View All Images by Yvette Cardozo
Vintage gas station complete with old cars, pumps and ads, on the outskirts of Bisbee, AZ.
© Yvette Cardozo
The Lavender Pit, the open pit mine named after an early general manager of the Queen Mine. It extends down 950 feet. Six different minerals were mined here...copper, silver, gold, sulphur, lead and zinc. While mining here dates back to the 1880s, the pit wasn't dug until 1950. The mine shut down in 1975 and mine tours started in 1976.
© Yvette Cardozo